- Introduction: European Trip Report
- Flight Review: Lufthansa [A380] Upstairs Economy Class From Houston to Frankfurt
- Airbnb Review: Paris Flat in the 7th Arrondissement and Strasbourg Flat in the Center of the City
- Hotel Review: Hilton Munich Park
- Hotel Review: Hilton Zurich Airport
- Flight Review: Swiss [777-300] Economy Class Zurich to Chicago
- Hotel vs. Airbnb: Which One to Chose From When Traveling Internationally
After enjoying Paris and Strasbourg, we took the autobahn over to Munich to attend Oktoberfest. After checking into the room, we decided to check out the famed English Gardens. If you haven't experienced the English Gardens, you need to... it's absolutely breathtaking. We go upgraded to an executive room which was next to the executive lounge. The room was pretty typical for a Hilton. I will say it was a welcome change sleeping in an actual size bed rather than a European size bed that we had to sleep on in Paris and Strasbourg.
The bathroom was on the small side that included a bathtub... which isn't my ideal bathroom setup. I'd much prefer to have a walk in shower.
We were able to get a balcony which had great views of the outskirts of Munich.
The executive lounge was nothing to write home about and we didn't spend time in there given we spent most of our time exploring the great city of Munich.
Overall, the Hilton Munich Park was a great place to stay if you want to go explore the city. It's a tad out of town but pretty much anyone can stroll through the English Garden and be in the center of town in 20-30 minutes. Oh, everyone that loves to drink beer needs to check out their annual festival. Great food, music, atmosphere, and bier!
Have you been to Munich or Oktoberfest before? Let us know in the comments what you thought of this great city and unbelievable festival!